The machine that fills product into the packaging container is called a filling machine.
According to the physical state of the filled product, filling machine has types of liquid filling machine and solid filling machine. Liquid filling machine consists of low viscosity filling machine, medium viscosity filling machine and high viscosity filling machine according to the viscosity of the liquid. Solid filling machine consists of granule filling machine, powder filling machine and block filling machine.
According to the different packaging containers, filling machine has types of bottle filling machine, can filling machine, box/carton filling machine and bag/sachet filling machine.
Linho is specialized in producing bottle filling machines and can filling machines for filling liquids. Therefore, this article will focus on liquid filling machines.
As mentioned above, Liquid filling machine has types of low viscosity, medium viscosity and high viscosity filling machines according to the different viscosity of materials. But what is viscosity? How do you know what kind of viscosity the product you produce?
The unit of viscosity is centipoise (cP). Liquids with viscosity range of 1~1000cP are low viscosity. This type of liquid has good fluidity, such as wine, water, milk, soy sauce, potions. Liquids with viscosity range of 1000~10000cP are medium viscosity. Such liquids are poorly fluid, such as ketchup, shampoo, cream. The viscosity range above 10000cP is high viscosity. This type of material has poor fluidity and needs to flow with the help of external forces, such as sauce, toothpaste, paste.
Beverages have a low viscosity. According to whether there is CO2 dissolved, it has two categories: sparkling drinks and non-carbonated beverages. Sparkling drinks are also called carbonated drinks, such as beer, champagne, soft drinks, sodas, etc.
After figuring out the type of beverage, let’s take a look at what filling machine we should use for different kinds of liquid.
1. Atmospheric pressure filling machine. We also call it gravity filling machine. It is to use the gravity of the liquid itself to fill it into the packaging container. It is suitable for low-viscosity liquids that do not contain carbon dioxide and are not afraid of contact with the air.
2. Pure vacuum filling machine. This filling machine has a vacuum pump to evacuate the vessel before filling the container with liquid. It is suitable for low viscosity, medium viscosity and toxic liquids that do not contain carbon dioxide and are afraid of contact with the air.
3. Gravity vacuum filling. The container is in a low vacuum state, and the liquid flows into the container by its own gravity. It is suitable for low-viscosity liquids that do not contain carbon dioxide and are afraid of contact with the air. In particular, liquids that are completely inaccessible to the atmosphere are required.
4. Isobaric filling machine. We also call it counter pressure filling machine. Firstly it fill CO2 to the container, so that the container pressure is the same as filling tank pressure. Then the liquid flows into the container. The counter pressure filling machine is only suitable for carbonated beverages.
5. Pressure filling machine. Borrow external pressure to fill the material into the container. It is suitable for low viscosity with less CO2, medium viscosity liquid, and liquids that cannot be vacuumed.
6. Level sensing filling machine. There are sensors in the machine to sense the liquid level position. When the liquid reaches the level, the filling stops. The level sensing filling machine is suitable for low viscosity, medium viscosity liquids and liquid that is difficult to clean.
7. Diaphragm volumetric filling machine. The material flows into the filling chamber from storage tank under the pressure. When the filling chamber is full, the diaphragm fills the material into the container under pressure. It is suitable for precious liquids with low and medium viscosity or medical injections liquids.
8. Siphon filling machine. This filling machine suck liquid from the reservoir into the container by using the principle of siphon. It is suitable for CO2-free, low-viscosity liquids.
9. Timing filling machine. Gravity or pressure filling by controlling the filling time. It has types of constant volumetric flow timed filling and controlled differential pressure timing filling. Constant volumetric flow timing filling machine is suitable for medium viscosity and high viscosity materials. It is not suitable for liquids with low viscosity. Pressure differential timing filling machine is suitable for low viscosity and medium viscosity precious materials, pharmaceuticals, highly toxic and highly corrosive liquids. This kind of filling machine has a very high filling accuracy.
10. Weighing filling machine. There is a precision weighing pan on each filling station. During the filling process, the filling flow rate is precisely controlled by the computer according to the filling volume. It is suitable for liquids with low and medium viscosity and high filling accuracy.
In one word, we should choose the filling machine according to the drink type, container shape, production speed, and budget. Please contact us! Linho will provide you with the most suitable liquid filling machine.